The Au pair programme at Portsmouth English Language School has been designed to give you both educational and practical experience of living as part of a British family and improving your English. During the course, you will be helping your host family with the babysitting and doing light house work as well as attending English lessons in your free time.
What does Au Pair programme include?
- You will be allocated to one of our host families according to your interests and requirements.
- The family will assign you up to 20 hours of light house work or babysitting per week. Your duties will vary depending on the family, but they will be discussed before the start of the programme and we will make sure that both you and the family are happy with the arrangement.
- The family will provide you with accommodation and full board and will also pay you between £80 and £100 per week.
- The programme is designed so that after doing the housework and studying, you will still have a lot of free time that you could use for getting to know the city and the country better, making new friends or
getting some extra income.
- As part of the programme you will attend English lessons. You can choose from the variety of courses that we offer: from 9 hours to 20 hours per week.
- When you arrive at PELS, you will sit a placement test and we will allocate you to the class according to your English level.
- You will have a personal tutor who will be following your progress. You will have weekly and monthly progress tests to assess the progress you are making and when you finish the course you will get an end-of-course certificate.