- Classrooms are designed for small group learning
- 7 bright and comfortable classrooms
- Interactive whiteboard
- Free WiFi throughout the building
- Free tea and coffee
- On-site crèche
Around PELS (5-10 minutes’ walk):
There are cafés and eateries within easy reach. We are very close to the University café which sells meals at student-discount and Halal prepared meat. For even more choices and a variety of famous food chain restaurants, banks, clothing stores and gift shops, Portsmouth’s Commercial Road with the Cascades indoor shopping centre is ten minutes’ walk away.
Also ten minutes away is Portsmouth’s waterfront landmark, Gunwharf Quays. Students who like to keep fit can join a choice of nearby gyms with badminton courts at Portsmouth University, or enjoy indoor and outdoor tennis, beach volleyball and football all within a few minutes’ walk. Students with military identification are entitled to use the Navy facilities just a few streets away free of charge, including an indoor swimming pool, gym and squash courts.
For transport, the train station is very close (within ten minutes walk) and you can get to London in under one and a half hours. The local bus numbers 40, 1, 1A and 1C stops are five-minute walk from the school. You can walk across the road and relax in Ravelin park, a perfect picnic spot for the summer, or Southsea beach and fun fair are also close to the school in easy walking distance. Old Portsmouth with its famous pubs and fishing trade at Camber Dock is just a short, leisurely stroll away.
- The University of Portsmouth library
- The University of Portsmouth gym (with reduced membership for PELS students)
- The Navy sports centre (swimming pool and sports FREE for students with military ID)
- Portsmouth Central Library (Guildhall Square)
- Seafront promenade and beach
- Shopping at Cascades
- Gunwharf Quays– Portsmouth’s waterfront attraction
- Indoor and outdoor tennis courts