Great teaching in an inspirational environment
Join the fun and excitement of discovering the English language through our Young Learner Leisure Programme on the South coast of England, Portsmouth U.K. This package is aimed flexibly at 9–17 year-olds.
Key Features of the Junior Learner Programme:
- 15 hours of lessons per week, 9 am to 12.15 pm Monday to Friday.
- Your child will learn English in class and practise outside of class!
- Each week is topic based and is designed as a complete short course.
- During the week the learners will work on a project that they can take home and show to their parents and friends.
- In the afternoons, there are social activities which include day trips, excursions, local visits, sports and workshops.
- Every Saturday there is a full day excursion to London, Brighton, Bath, Oxford or Cambridge.
- At the end of the course all our students receive certificates.
- Progress reports are available to students and parents upon request.
- We send a newsletter to the parents at the end of every week to tell you what our Junior Learners have done during the week, the projects they have completed and the activities they have participated in.
- There is appropriate supervision for junior learners: students under the age of 15 are dropped off at the school in the mornings and picked up in the afternoons by the host families.
- Our graduation ceremony includes group presentations, awards and certificates given to all students and attended by the Director of School.
- If you need help or have any questions, you can get support in your own language. Our staff speak French, Spanish, Italian, Russian, Arabic and Chinese.
During the course you will
- Improve your grammar, vocabulary and pronunciation
- Practise reading, writing, listening and speaking in English
- Use English for communication with the teachers, other students and the Host Family
- See and explore Portsmouth and its sights
- Visit several cities in the UK
- Have lots of fun and make new friends!
Care for Young Learners:
We have an excellent programme available for young learners and do our best to ensure that they are looked after at all times.
- All teachers, supervisors, activity coordinators and homestay hosts working with Junior learners have been DBS security checked
- Homestay Families have all been interviewed and visited by our Accommodation team to ensure the family and home is suitable.
- Breaks and lunch breaks are supervised by our activity coordinators.
- On Saturday excursions young learners are supervised separately to adult learners.
- We have emergency contact details for all students in case of emergency
- We have a 24/7 emergency phone line that the students, Homestay Families and parents have access to.
Our Junior Learner Programme is an ALL-INCLUSIVE package and consists of:
- Tuition: 15h per week General English, Monday to Friday, 9 am – 12.15 pm. We provide study materials
- Accomodation: Full board shared accommodation: breakfast, packed lunch weekdays and Saturdays and evening meal every night, lunch with the family on Sunday. Single room on request
- Afternoon Activities: Afternoon activities with an activities coordinator from 1.15 to 4 pm. For example: a guided-tour around the City of Portsmouth, the Spinnaker Tower, the Historic Dockyard, cinema, bowling, a visit to Southsea Castle, Charles Dickens Birthplace Museum, roller skating, bowling, sports activities. Every week there is also at least one half-day excursion to Chichester, Winchester, the Isle of Wight, the New Forest, etc.
- Saturday Excursions: Full day Saturday excursions: London, Brighton, Oxford, Arundel, Bath, etc.
- Transfer: Accompanied return airport transfer
You may wish to choose a self-guided programme
Junior Learner Programme All-Inclusive Package
|First week – individual price||£665.00 per week|
|Following weeks – individual price||£445.00 per week|
|First week – group price||£575.00 per week|
|Following weeks – group price||£445.00 per week|