Enjoy life on the water’s edge in a great city that offers students culture and experiences – from comedy nights and great music to historic ships and windsurfing or fun days on the beach.
Come and explore what Portsmouth has to offer. Our friendly school team will keep you informed about what’s going on in and around this exciting cosmopolitan city by the sea – the UK’s only island city! There are endless attractions for you to discover and explore including:
- The Historic Dockyard- home to world famous ships such as the HMS Victory, Warrior and the Mary Rose
- Southsea Castle (built by King Henry VIII)
- Gunwharf Quays waterfront shopping centre (restaurants, nightclubs, casino)
- Spinnaker Tower (taller than the London Eye and Big Ben)
- D-Day Museum (dedicated to the 1944 turning point in the Second World War).
- Portsmouth City Museum
- The Garrison church
- Fratton Park- Home to Portsmouth Football Club
- Blue Reef Aquarium
- The School is in a great location just a few minutes’ walk from the seafront and Southsea Common (voted the South East’s favourite picnic spot). We are perfectly located for travel to other famous areas and neighbouring countries.
- Just a 5 minute walk to the hovercraft across to the Isle of Wight (another PELS excursion).
- 10 minutes from Britain’s best-connected ferry port directly linked to Spain, France and the Channel Islands
- Less than an hour away from Salisbury (to see Stonehenge), Bournemouth and the cathedral cities of Winchester and Chichester
- Just over an hour from the capital, London (home to two major airports)
- An hour drive to Brighton
- Under 2 hours from Oxford and Bath