If you want to study at Portsmouth English Language School, you might need to apply for a visa. We will provide you with all the information and support you need if you require a visa.
Do you need a visa?
|1. From the EU and EA||Not required|
|2. Visa national||You need to get a visa before leaving your country (See list below)|
|3. Non-visa national||You are NOT required to get a visa to come to the UK for less than six months.However, if you are coming for more than six months you will have to apply for a visa to study in the UK|
Visa national countries:
Afghanistan, Algeria, Albania, Angola, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Belarus, Benin, Bhutan, Bolivia, Bosnia/Herzegovina, Burkina, Faso, Burma, Burundi, Cambodia, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Colombia, Comoros, Cuba, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Djibouti, Dominican, Republic Ecuador, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Fiji, Gabon, Gambia, Georgia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea Bissau, Guyana, Haiti, India, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Ivory Coast, Jamaica, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Korea (North), Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Lebanon, Liberia, Libya, Macedonia, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Moldova, Mongolia, Morocco, Mozambique, Nepal, Niger, Nigeria, Oman, Pakistan, Peru, Philippines, Qatar, Russia, Rwanda, Sao Tome e Principe, Saudi Arabia, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Somalia, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Surinam, Syria, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Thailand, Togo, Tunisia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Uganda, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, Uzbekistan, Vietnam, Yemen, Zambia, Zimbabwe
- South Africa (except those who have already visited the UK using this passport)
- China (except for Hong Kong and Macao)
- Venezuela (Venezuelan visitors who have new secure fingerprint passports issued since 2007 will be allowed to enter the United Kingdom without applying for a visa)
- The territories formerly comprising the socialist Federal Republic of Yugoslavia
Non-visa national countries
Argentina, Australia, Brazil, Chile, Croatia/Herzegovina, Honduras, Hong Kong, Israel, Japan, Malaysia, Mexico, Panama, Paraguay, South Korea, Taiwan, Tibet, Uruguay
Short term study visa for our students:
- You can stay in the UK for up to 6 months (extended visa – for up to 11 months)
- You do not need to present evidence of your English level.
- You cannot renew your visa in the UK.
- You cannot bring dependants with you.
- You will not have to pay the health surcharge if your course is shorter than 6 months.
- You will not be able to open a bank account.
If a student’s Visa is refused, he/she needs to send the relevant documentation to the school by email or fax. We will check it with The Home Office and will refund his/her tuition fee according to our Terms and Conditions.
If you have any further questions regarding visas, please contact us directly or visit UK Border Agency website.
For more information: